For the first challenge we’ve selected Bloemslang – Just the Drop on the Bloemendal Wines trails. Our host, Ollie Munnik (aka. Pinner), met up with the current KOM holder, Louis-Bresler Knipe, to show what lies ahead for our first Contego Segment Hunter challenger.
Watch Ollie Munnik and Louis-Bresler Knipe take on Bloemslang – Just the Drop here:
We’ve found a challenger brave enough to take on Louis-Bresler Knipe’s KOM in our first Contego Segment Hunter episode which will be aired on 23 May 2016. In the meantime, get out there and ride Bloemslang – Just the Drop. Take on the challenge yourself.
How do I ride this segment?
Bloemslang – Just the Drop is on the Bloemendal trails which are part of the larger Tygerberg MTB Club trails. The Bloemslang trail is found on the upper section of Bloemendal trails. Members of the public must purchase a day permit (or be Tygerberg MTB club members) to ride these trails. Permits can be bought at the restaurant and club house on Lower Bloemendal which is on the Tygervalley Road (M13). Permits allow access to Bloemendal, Nitida, Hillcrest and the Bloemendaaler (Upper Bloemendal). Permits cost R50 for adults and R30 for children 18 years and under.
How does it all work?
In case you missed our introductory video in April you take take a look here.
Here is a run down of the process for each episode:
- The Segment: A suitable segment will be chosen for each episode based on your nominations.
- The Challenger: We’ll choose a suitable challenger for the segment: A pro, an amateur or person of interest.
- The Preview: Once we have #1 and #2 sorted the “Pinner” will take us through the segment in some detail to help you set some PBs and give a us preview of what’s to come.
- The Episode: The final showdown. Our challenger lays it all on the line to take on the segment and bask in the glory of virtual winnings.
Prizes and Segment Nominations
You, the viewers, are a vital part of Contego Segment Hunter series and we encourage all of you to get you all involved. From entering for prizes to selecting the segments our Challengers will face.
Grand Prize: Contego Unit Trust
At the end of the series, Contego are giving away R30,000 worth of unit trusts. All you have to do is ride your bike!
How to enter:
- For a each episode a new segment is announced. Ollie Munnik will take you through each segment in his preview videos.
- We then invite you to ride that segment and see how well you do. Maybe even offer our Challenger some advice and perhaps take the KOM or QOM yourself.
- For each Contego Segment Hunter segment you ride, you will be entered into the draw to win. So if you ride all six segments during the series, you will receive six entries. If you only have time to ride just one segment, you will receive one entry for the grand prize.
- IMPORTANT: You must record your rides on Strava and join the Contego Segment Hunter Strava club to be considered for the Grand Prize.
Nominate your segments and win with Cadence Nutrition
Later this week we will be making a call for you to nominate segments for the first season of Contego Segment Hunter. We’re looking for a wide range of segments, including climbs, descents, or combinations of both be it on or off the road.
Each nomination that is selected to feature in an episode of Contego Segment Hunter will win a Cadence Nutrition hamper valued at R2,600.
A big thanks goes to Zeekus who nominated Bloemslang – Just the Drop and walks away with the first Cadence Nutrition hamper.